Tuesday, November 2, 2010

So it's November Firstish and the topic is Thankfulness. I am thankful that I got the promp that hey dude that was you on for writing November First. Oops! Really I try to make a list of things to be thankful for not only once a year but everday. Especially when I'm in a depressed or self pitying funk.
I'm glad I have love from friends and and church family around me. I am greatful to be writing stories today. I find I miss it if I go too long without writing. I'm thankful I have a God in my life that looks after me. I couldn't live life without him.
I have to say I find it really trippy that I cross the Golden Gate Bridge every Sunday and a lot of Tuesdays to go to Church and connect with my church friends.
If you had told me in 2000 that I would be living in California and going across the Golden Gate bridge every week I would have told you you have been smoking a little to much Prop 19.
I mean isn't California the land of Fruits, nuts and flakes? Yeah things are pretty loose over hear. Especially the San Francisco Bay. But you know it turns out God has a place in his kingdom for Fruits, Nuts and Flakes. After all he made them.
I find that while the Christian population is only ten percent of the population here meeting together with other Christians is not only nessesary it is also rich.
I think ahead, probably too much of going to Tel Aviv University in Israel. I read that the Christian Population there is about one percent. The time together must be really rich. A friend of mine just got back from there on a business trip.
She said the land and the people are just ready for a harvest. Wow, how cool is that?? We have so much to be thankful for.

7 comments:

  1. Yes, we do have much to be thankful for, Brian. I enjoyed reading your list. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post, Brian. Sorry to come in late. ;o) I found your figure of 10% Christians to be shocking. Most of the country self-identifies as Christian even if they haven't been inside a Church in 20 years. No question the Left Coast is the Devil's playground. Just look at the election results. Gotta keep on prayin'.
    Peace and Blessings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Brian, for finding the time to post. I know how busy school can be! We can always find things to be thankful for--and it's great you have such an attitude of thankfulness. How did you wind up in California? Curious minds want to know!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a bit surprising to hear those stats, Brian, especially when I'm sitting here on the Buckle of the Bible Belt.

    But not disheartening. We serve a big God, and He planted you there for a reason. Bloom where you are, and sew seed for Him.

    The story I'm writing for Nanowrimo this year takes place not more than 150 miles north of you, a bit North of Fort Bragg.

    Of course, it happens to be in another dimension, where the plants have taken over. (Literally).

    I'm having fun with it, in case you couldn't tell... :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My son lives in LA and I know that your stat is probably right...at least, where he is. It may even be less! Thankfulness is so essential, isn't it? So glad you're a part of the blog chain! Nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful list of things to be thankful for--esp. the university in Israel. How cool is that?!

    Good post, Brian!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow,I feel a world away here in my small Wisconsin town where the majority of the people I know are Christian or, at least, favorable towards Christianity.
    How wonderful though, that you live in the middle of a mission field, right here in the U.S.!
    Thank you for sharing your blog!

    ReplyDelete